Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Where is the cave?

Haven't been in the mood to write these past two days. My energy shifted recently and I found myself a bit withdrawn. Interestingly enough as I'm transitioning into this funk, I met two very lively, social people. The two J's as I like to call them. Both from opposite sides of the world. J #1 is from Norway and she stayed at the house for 2 days until she found an apartment. J #2 is a friend of a friend's from Australia, but works in New York. The J's have been to Mysore before and know the layout of the town. Both of them are very helpful and really insightful. J #1 took me on a my first rickshaw ride yesterday and seeing how confident she is being here makes me more comfortable. J #2 is very sweet and kind.  She has the same cleanliness, smell, food and stomach issues that I have so she has been great with giving me tips to adjust. My stomach is still bothering me and I may have to see a doctor if the issue doesn't clear up in the next day or so. Someone suggested that I may have a parasite. If that is the case, I think I'll call him "Wally".

Practice is getting better, nothing really new. My breathing is still off, but everyday it is improving. Since Saraswathi is helping me with Marichyasana D, I asked her today if I can move into the next asana which is Navasana. She said yes and that is where I am at. If it sounds like I'm speaking in tongue, here is a link to the Primary Series.  The series is to be followed in order and each individual practices at their own pace. At least how I am taught the teacher adds a new asana with the students progression.

I also bought a new yoga rug yesterday and using it this morning reminded me why I purposely left my rug at home. My hands and feet were slipping and sliding and as annoying as it was for me, I was thoroughly entertained. Practicing in India hasn't hardened me yet, but it is breaking me.

No comments:

Post a Comment