Monday, September 21, 2009

One Month Down, ???? To Go!

Exactly one month to this day I was sitting on the plane to Singapore having doubts about my departure.  I remember having so much anxiety after the plane boarded and had to call Palindrome and Rainbow to talk me down.  I can't believe it has been month.  The month flew by and I feel like I'm finally settled in.  I remember sitting on the plane and thinking about the amount of days I would be away from home.  Seventy days seemed like a huge number and if I told myself 2 months and a few plus days, it didn't seem as bad. 

So much has happened in the past month that I would have never experienced being home.  I immensely miss my friends and family and at times get teary eyed thinking about all of them.  With every person in my life, I've made a conscious decision to have a relationship with that particular person.  Each individual is truly a special person to me. 

Coming here was something I had to do for myself and it has been one of the best decisions I've made.  For me, it sometimes takes being by myself to branch out and experience different things.  Recently I've noticed subtle changes within me that take me by surprise.  Yesterday, I was telling my sister how I left the house with wrinkly pants and how it took me all morning to get used to the idea that it was okay.  Leaving home with wrinkly pants is not a huge deal, but there were times when I would be late for work and couldn't leave with unpressed clothes.  Lately when people invite me to go out, I actually go.  I went to my first puja yesterday and that was something I've never seen before.  The ceremony was incredible and I'm glad to have partook in it.  For me it is the little things that make a difference.

My friend Jonah arrived yesterday and he will be joining me for the second half of my trip.  We moved into our new apartment and spent most of today cleaning and setting everything up.  I'm excited to have a piece of home here with me and look forward to the journey ahead of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment