Tuesday, September 15, 2009

If I Fell and Nobody Was Around, Would I Make a Sound?

A storm hit last night that lasted till mid-morning.  I enjoy the change in weather and love walking in the rain listening to music.  Lately, I've been listening to the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs.  There is something about the song "Zero" and "Y Control" that gets me psyched.  The songs are upbeat compared to the melancholy music that I usually listen to.  On my way out of the shala, I ran into this girl that I met my first few days here.  She commented on how I seemed much more at ease and seemed like I've settled in.  She was right.  I'm still slightly bored, but don't feel so antsy.  There is stuff back home that causes me stress, but for the most part being here makes me happy.  Happy to the point that I'm considering a longer stay.  We'll see how the next month develops.  At the moment considering a longer stay might be a bit premature.

This mornings practice was another close call to a disastrous end.  To save myself from embarrassment, I now wait till Sarashwathi can assist me with my headstand.  Like today, it can sometimes be a long wait.  I was tempted to go up on my own, but since the blind crashing incident, I knew better than to allow my impatience to overcome me.  By the time she came over, I was over the whole headstand thing.  I debated for a few minutes if I should just skip it, but I wouldn't be honoring my commitment if I chose to do that.  When I was finally up and steady, she let me go.  I was balancing for a bit on my own and suddenly begin to over rotate.  I wasn't sure where she was, but she caught my leg right as I was about to kick her in the face.  Me falling caught her by surprise.  It wasn't anything new to me as I fall over everyday when I practice my headstands.  As she caught my leg, I hear her gasp.  A sudden rush of fear arises in me to be prevailed with Saraswathi's laughter.  I was so scared she was going to be upset and yell at me.  With my one leg still in her hand, I flip over and see her laughing.  When I see her laughing, I start to laugh with her.

Yet again, another precious moment when I'm face down on my mat, laughing at myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment