Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Smoothies Are My New Love

The night before last I was unable to sleep and was pretty miserable.  I finally fell asleep sometime around midnight (apparently that is when you lose yourself for a minute or two) and  had a lot of weird dreams.  I get up at 4:15 every morning and there is no reason why I should be wide awake after 9.  Christian and I watched a few South Park episodes before I went to bed and that might be my problem.  I have to admit, I enjoy watching the show.  I think it's funny and some of the stuff the characters say is classic.  Up until this trip, it has been years since I watched a full episode.  During it's first two seasons I watched the show religiously, but that was more than 10 years ago and was sooo immature then.  Not that I'm more mature today, just older with age.  Maybe I should try something more calming and soothing like Norah Jones or perhaps Barry Manilow instead of watching a show about 8 year old boys saying the most inappropriate things. 

Got another massage and it wasn't traumatizing like the first massage I got here.  The masseuse is an American and she abides by American culture standards.  Subconsciously I must of been worried about the session.  I had a bizarre dream about this weird looking masseuse yanking on my hip and pulling my leg in all sorts of directions .  Part of that could be that when I went to bed the night before my hip joints were aching.  My shoulders and knees have been hurting too and ice doesn't exist here.  If it's not one thing, it is the other.  I should of taken better care of my body 10 years ago during my immature South Park days.       

The massage was great and just what I needed.  My new conquest is to be a massage whore and get a massage from this lady at least a minimum of once a week till I leave.  During the massage I had a moment of slight panic.  I couldn't remember the type of underwear I was wearing and if it was appropriate.  For some reason I kept thinking I was wearing a pair that I wore the day before.  For the life of me, I could not remember and eventually gave up.  There was nothing I could do anyway.  I couldn't excuse myself and ask her to leave the room to check or apologize for something that I was unsure of.  I reassured myself that it was going to be okay. 

Here is a snippet of how my little brain works:

Start of thought process: 
should of paid more attention instead of moping around today
good thing i shaved
it doesn't matter, but it really does
wonder if normal people think about this  
Rainbow would be laughing
it's not a big deal she (masseuse) doesn't care
there is a sheet
at least my underwear is on and not a piece of rope with the paper thing
relax... 
she is not going to do the funny circle things on your boobs like those girls did at the ayuervedic place... 
what happens in India, stays in India.... 
shoot! i'm going to have to write about this
End of thought process 

When the masseuse left the room, I checked to see what I had on and it was fine.

Start of thought process as I'm laughing to myself: 
so stupid......
End of thought process. Still laughing

After thought:
Thinking about this whole situation, I kind of get why I get teased so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment