Monday, August 24, 2009

Is It Possible To Die From Jet Lag?

My whole sleep schedule is all screwed up. My first night in Mysore and I fell asleep around 6 pm. Woke up at 1 am and couldn't go back to sleep till 3:30 am. Slept for a few hours and woke up at 6 am. The funny thing is that I would wake up hungry and eat trail mix in my sleep. I would roll over and a peanut would be stuck to my cheek. I never eat in my room or in my bed and with this trip I'm breaking all of my rules.

There are only three people staying in the house that I'm renting a room from and one of them is the host. It's a little lonely and Christian, my flatmate from Austria talks just as much as I do so needless to say, it's quiet in this part of the house. Christian was kind enough to show me where to get breakfast and other useful places that will be useful for the duration of my trip. Breakfast is the only real food I have eaten since Singapore, hence eating trail mix in my sleep.

Yesterday when I arrived, Joseph (host) took me around town on his motorcycle to show me some stuff and that was pretty useless. Everything was a blurr and I didn't retain anything, but getting to and from the shala. It seemed like we were going around in circles and everything looked the same. Riding on the back of the motorcycle was pretty fun though. I've come to the conclusion that this is something I really enjoy. During the summer I would ask sMelza to run her errands on her scooter so I can be in the back. At times I would create errands for her to run just to stay out longer. Sometimes it wouldn't work, but it was always worth trying.

I haven't started my practice yet. As a matter of fact, it has been a week since I've practice Ashtanga. My last week home was just so crazy and my focus was elsewhere. I was going to try to practice this morning, but that wasn't going to happen with the delirium I'm suffering from. This afternoon I'll register with the shala and go from there.


on the way to Mysore

song of the day: "By Picadilly Station I Sat Down and Wept"

No comments:

Post a Comment