Saturday, August 1, 2009

21 Days of Summer

First day of August and my trip is fast approaching. There are so many things I need to do to prepare for the trip and one of them is memorizing the Primary Series. The whole purpose of the trip is to learn but I also don't want to go Mysore not knowing anything. Diana at PAI has been a lifesaver and a great teacher. She is doing everything she can to prepare me for the trip and now it’s my responsibility to actually do my part. Driving to Dana Point can be such a haul but it’s worth it. I've never met such a nice, welcoming group of people. The next ten days I will be pretty much in solitude at the mini Roth's house dog sitting so I can focus and practice then. Well I exaggerate. I wont completely be in solitude unless I choose to be and if I hide from the chatty neighbor. As far as my plane tickets and accommodations, everything is booked and confirmed so that is one less thing I don't need to worry about. Now if I can only remain sick and injury free, life would be so much better. Thursday I went out for a paddle and when I was coming in a wave hit me. I didn't want to let the board go so I held onto it with the fin in front of me. The wave knocked the board out of my hands and the fin hit me in the thigh. I have a pretty high tolerance for pain considering all the other injuries I've collected through out the years, but this was pretty painful. I couldn't walk and now have a shiny black and purple bruise the size of a burrito to show for it.
This weekend is yet again packed and filled with adventure. Tonight is the No Doubt concert which I'm excited about. It has been years since I last saw one of their shows. Tomorrow is the International Surf Festival and Trinity's birthday. I will be doing the paddleboard race at the festival and paddling for Rainbow's neighbor Annie while she does the swim. My injury might make things a little tricky, but the course for this race is pier to pier and will be a lot shorter than the race last month. Rainbow and I even convinced Cola to do the race so it should be a lot of fun.
Trinity is turning 8 (going on 25) tomorrow. She is an exceptional, beautiful little girl who has my heart. I still remember the day she was born and the first few years of her life. My sister and I would do so many silly things with her like putting her on top of their pool table trying to prop her up on a pumpkin to take pictures for her first Halloween. Trin was such a happy baby and too smart for her own good. When she started talking she was never afraid to tell you what she thought or what to do. She has been bossing me around since she was 2 (like mother, like daughter) and hasn’t stopped since. She has a whole life ahead of her and I’m truly blessed to be a part of her life. Happy Birthday to my favorite niece!!

1 comment: