Sunday, August 23, 2009

FAQ

1. What happened with work?
New projects weren’t coming in and my position was terminated

2. Have you tried looking for new work?
Yes, but I wasn’t having any luck and decided to take the summer off

3. Why India and what are you going to do there?
I chose India because I want to go study Ashtanga yoga

4. Aren’t there Ashtanga yoga centers here
Yes, but it is not the same experience

5. Are you coming back to teach?
No. I am going purely for the experience and to learn

6. Why didn’t you tell me you were leaving?
I wasn’t intentionally leaving people out. Not very many people knew I was going. I didn’t tell very many people as I wasn’t sure things would work out. There were so many things I had to do in order for me to go. Plus, India was such a far fetched idea that I didn’t want to tell a whole bunch of people and end up eating my words. As the trip got closer and closer, I felt like it was too late. Kind of how a lie gets bigger and bigger. I didn’t tell my family I was leaving till 6 days before my trip.

7. How long will you be gone?
Minimum 1 month, maximum 2 months

8. How are you able to afford to be gone for so long?
This is no one else’s business but mine. One tip is to live like you are in the depression and hide money underneath your mattress

9, Have you lost your mind or feel the need to find yourself?
No, I haven’t lost my mind and no, I didn’t lose myself either. It’s the perfect time in my life to go. I’m no longer in a relationship, I don’t have kids, I’m not working and really have nothing to hold me back. Once I start working what company in their right mind will give me that much time off.

10. What are you going to do when you get back?
Find a job. If that doesn’t work, I’m young enough to still join the military

11. What kind of camera are you using?
Canon Rebel T1i

12. Are you going alone?
Yes, I will be traveling alone.

13. Are you scared?
Who wouldn't be?? I'm traveling half way across the world not knowing anyone and it does cause a bit of anxiety. However, listening to Jack Johnson makes everything better

14. Do you even like Indian food?
To a point. If I'm not afraid of coming home smelling like curry, then you shouldn't either. I'll need to eat so I have no choice. Unless, I become all spiritual like and fast.

15. Did you read "Eat, Pray, Love" and did the book inspire you to go on the trip?
yes, I read the book, but don't remember what it was about.  She goes to Bali or something, eats a lot of food and finds a husband???  No, the book was not my inspiration.

Contact Us: Our answering machine is down. Please email us at monkeycandy78@gmail.com

Shipping: Free ground shipping on orders over $500. Please contact us for international rates

Return Policy: 30 day money back guarantee. Shipping and handling excluded with 30% restocking fee

Privacy Terms: We will not sell or distribute your information until you return something. Then we will sell it to every company out there

1 comment:

  1. Dear MonkeyCandy,
    Why didn't you tell me you had a blog...oh wait, you did, but maybe I wasn't really paying attention to the title and wasn't sure if you were really blogging. Now that I found it, I'm enjoying it more than GrandmasGoneSurfing and TheSurfandtheFury and even more than SugarSurfBlog.

    ReplyDelete