Monday, August 10, 2009

About Nothing Of Any Importance

12 days till I leave. My trip is approaching faster than I thought it would and there is still so much to do. I made the decision to sublet my room while I was gone and the process of finding someone decent is a lot harder than I anticipated. Some people are flaky and others are just down right weird. I'm sure that they feel the same way about me, but whomever I choose will be using my bed and touching my stuff. To put it nicely, I am a very particular person. Which in truth, very anal. My apartment is my sanctuary and it's my safe place. So the thought of having someone stay in my room creeps me out a bit. I guess it is all part of growing. This past year I had to compromise and learn that my standard of "clean" is not the same for everyone. This wouldn't be a problem if I lived by myself, but that is not the situation.

Each day I practice the Primary Series the sequence of poses is getting easier to memorize. I still have a lot of work to do, but there is some progress. I had this idea that I should tattoo the poses on my arm and use it as a cheat-cheat. Then I thought about this person I use to know that had little people tattooed on their arm doing acrobatics or something like that and I didn't care so much for it. The tattoo is fine, but wasn't for me.

Speaking of tattoos, I recently got in touch with the artist that designed my koi fish/lotus flower extravaganza. I'm a little sad that he is currently living in Japan, but also relieved that he is there and will stay for a while. The tramp stamp on my low back has been bothering me for a while now and I want to do something with it. I wouldn't mind getting a rectangle over it and just filling it in or even an "X" over it. The tramp stamp tattoo was the first tattoo that I got and I was going through some identity crisis. I think I was about 20 and living in with this guy. We worked together and he cheated on me with another girl at work. DRAMA.... At the time I lived in Orange County and didn't know a lot of people there. My life revolved around this guy and his friends were my friends kind of a thing. When we broke up I had no clue who I was and felt like I had to do something to reclaim myself. Cutting my hair off and getting a tattoo was the perfect solution. My hair eventually grew back, but I still have the big ass tattoo. The tattoo is my equivalent to a barb wire tattoo around my arm.

Sorry about the segue. If I conversed more with people I might not have so many things going on in my head and I might actually be able to sleep. So if I talk to you, I must like you. Well sometimes... Anyway, these past couple of days have really sucked. I haven't been sleeping and all of my friends that I usually hang out with are all out of town. Like some sort of a conspiracy theory that they all decided to go on holiday on the same days. Ironically enough, they all get back on the same day.

No comments:

Post a Comment