Friday, August 14, 2009

10 Reasons Why YOU Don't Know

This is going to be my last week before the journey to India begins and it's going to be busy. I'm trying to see as many friends and family as possible, but I don't think that is going to happen. Not very many people know I am even leaving so if your reading this, now you know. My sister and brother are the only family members that I've told and tomorrow we are having a birthday dinner for my niece and nephew which the majority of my dad's family will be in attendance. Guess I will tell them then. I really don't see what the big deal is about me leaving and why I need to tell people. Here are some valid reasons why I chose not to share the news of my trip:

1) who really cares
2) I might be convinced that going is the dumbest idea I've had thus far
3) chickening out is still an option
4) some people would be upset that I couldn't commit to going to Indonesia, but decided to go to India on a whim
5) when I get back I will be expected to have better balance and not tip over in Virabhadrasana III (Warrior 3)
6) I will be expected to actually learn something and retain information
7) I would come back disappointed not having met Ravi Shankar
8) people would ask me questions about "Slumdog Millionaire"
9) someone will convince me to not drink or bathe in the Ganges
10) I secretly want to dance in a Bollywood video and be anonymous

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I'm important enough to KNOW and it's not a dumb idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...if you do get cast in a Bollywood movie/video, hook me up! I've been practicing the moves for years.

    ReplyDelete