Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day of Practice

Yesterday I registered with the shala and was given a 5 am start time. When I got back to the house, I was filling Joseph (host) in on the details and he said that the shala clock is 15 minutes early so that would mean my start time would then be 4:45. There have been numerous occasions that I have gotten up that early and it was to drive down south to San Onofre to surf or surf PV cove. If I can get up that early to surf, then I have no reason not to get up at 4:45 to practice. It's just six days out of the week though.

This morning was my first day of practice and I was really nervous. I've heard so many different opinions about the shala and was expecting the worse. I arrived on time which I lost sleep worrying about being late and was fine. I remembered all the asanas I was suppose to and even got to do one more pose that I don't usually include in my regular practice. I received help when I asked for it and would say it was great way to start my day.



this is what my daily walk to the shala or to town looks like (taken in front of house)

song of the day: "Daniel" Bat for Lashes

No comments:

Post a Comment