Saturday, August 29, 2009

If Blah Only Meant Something

Not much going on today. The shala is closed and there is no practice. I woke up at 4 as if I had practice and eventually fell back asleep. I thought I was dreaming when I heard someone knocking on my door and it was Christian waking me up for breakfast. By then it was 9:45 and I felt like I wasted half of my day sleeping. Since the shala is closed today, so is Santosha, the local breakfast place that I have been eating at all week. On Saturday Joseph makes breakfast for the guests and he made the best fruit salad I've ever had with flax seed dressing. I ate a little too much though and got a stomach ache. That isn't really saying much considering since I've been here my stomach hurts after every meal.

Christian who has become my adventure mate is feeling under the weather today so we are staying in. At first I wasn't so keen on staying in today, but as it turns out, I'm not feeling all that well either. My neck is all screwed up and I'm in a lot of pain. Top that with a pounding headache and a stomach ache and I’ve become a fine mess. The weather isn’t helping matters either. The skies are gray and there is no sight of the sun. I made an appointment to get an ayurvedic massage this afternoon that might help my situation out. Until then I’m going to do nothing but lie here and watch the day go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment