Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Too Old To Be This Immature

Jonah and I went to Devaraja Market today.  The market is separated into 3-4 sections that I know of.  You have your fruit & veggies, meat, fish and flowers.  Today I was feeling brave and had my first meat market adventure.  Knowing how disgusting it would be, I've been wanting to go for the past week.  I lasted about 3.3 seconds and had to walk out.  Lots of dead things hanging and the repugnant smell was unbearable.  Walking through pools of blood made me want to vomit, so we left.  I'll eventually try again and see more of the market.  I'm determined to walk through and experience the whole meat section. 

Today's practice was wonderful for those who got out of bed and actually practiced.  Last night I went to bed around 6:30 pm and didn't wake up till after 8 this morning.  India hates me!  My immune system hasn't been able to catch a break and I've been sick a lot.  J #1 says that I need to think more positive and I will be well in 2 days.  What she doesn't know is that "Wally" is more powerful than wishful thinking.  Regardless, I will try anyway.  I am determined to have a great day tomorrow. 

Tomorrow is my second 27th birthday.  I'm bummed to be spending my birthday away from home, but being able to spend my birthday in India is something to remember.  Jonah and I are taking a day trip to Sravanabelgola to see Gomateshavara, an eighteen-meter high monolithic naked male statue.  There are Jain temples in the area worth visiting, but for immaturity reasons I want to see the statue.

**This is really sad and I hate to admit I'm happy about this, but I just broke 100k on Bejeweled. I feel like my life is complete. 

No comments:

Post a Comment