Sunday, July 19, 2009

Funemployed

This summer has been one of the best summers I've had in a very long time. Summer 2008 was a time of heartache and transition. It was one of those phases in life that you didn't know if the pain was going to ever end. Breaking through and being on the other side is an amazing thing. As cliche as it may sound, time does heal. At least most wounds....

Losing my job was hard but also a blessing in disguise. The time off has been given me the opportunity to enjoy life and feel true happiness. It is the kind of summer that I use to spend as a kid riding bikes and running around town doing whatever it was and stumbling onto new adventures. The activities that I did with my friends didn't really matter cause whatever it was it was fun to be with good company and laugh about silly things that aren't so silly to anyone else. Last summer I spent the whole summer crying and this summer I've never laughed so much in my life. I have been very fortunate and blessed with an amazing set of friends that show me everyday what it truly means to be a true friend and what unconditional love actually is. Their love and support makes me a better person.

The excess of time has given me the opportunity to try new things and improve on my other activities/interests. Paddling is a sport that I've always wanted to try and this summer I started training and competed in my first paddleboard race. The race was 10.6 miles and I was able to finish and not be the last one. :) Yoga is also something else I have been able to focus on. Practicing has created a shift in my life and has opened doors that I would have never pursued if I was working a full time job.

No comments:

Post a Comment